Hult International Business School (London, UK & San Francisco, CA)
Masters of Digital Marketing, August 2012 (expected)
Accelerated Leadership Track (Advanced leadership training & mentoring offered to top 5% of students)
Worked with clients in a variety of industries (mobile, entertainment, publishing, travel, non-profit) doing real world projects; frequently achieved highest results and received best feedback from client.
Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)
Whitman School of Management
B.S. Management, May 2011 (completed degree in three years)
Major: Marketing Management
Dean’s List-Founder’s Scholar-Honors Student
Relevant Work Experience
Community Management Intern, Livefyre (Social commenting platform)
June 2012 – Present (San Francisco, CA)
Community Manager, LiftFive (Marketing & community management agency founded by Megan Berry, former Senior Marketing Manager at Klout)
March 2012 – Present (Remote)
- Build community around early stage tech startups
Apprentice, Socialexis (Independent social media consultant & previous editor of US News Careers)
September 2011 – Present (Remote)
- Assist in content generation & formatting for various clients.
“Adam and his expertise have been invaluable for my business, Socialexis. I can always count on him to complete tasks well and on time — and that help has allowed me to grow my business. If you’re looking for someone to help you with your social media efforts, I’d recommend him in a heartbeat.” – Alexis Grant, Owner
Social Media Marketing Intern, American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
May 2011 – August 2011 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Served as working Community Manager for brand across multiple channels including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Blogger, Instagram, and more. (Doubled brand’s presence on Instagram)
- Answered all requests/questions/comments/complaints of 5 million+ Facebook fans and 80,000+ Twitter followers on a daily basis.
- Developed content calendars.
- Wrote original blog posts (authored two posts with the highest traffic in company’s history.)
- Compiled & analyzed statistics; researched competitors & trends.
- —FBML, CoTweet, Omniture, Radian6, Bazaarvoice, Bugzilla
“Adam managed and engaged AE’s Facebook and Twitter community of over 5 million fans on a daily basis developing quality content, commentary and sales messages. Adam is a strategic thinker and would contribute valuable insight and a positive attitude to any company.” – Jess Berlin, Social Media Manager
Student Social Media Strategist, Syracuse University
January 2011-May 2011 (Syracuse, NY)
- Contributed to community managent of official Twitter account of university. (Syracuse was named the 2nd most influential college on Twitter by Klout in January 2011.)
“Adam proved to be an exemplary member of the team, often volunteering to take on extra duties at odd hours. Adam understands social media in all of its complexity. He knows how to generate enthusiasm, how to deal with negativity, when to address it, and when to ignore…I see Adam as having a great future in the field. He is smart, ambitious and loves to be involved. I recommend Adam whole-heartedly.” – Kelly Lux, Community Manager
Editorial Intern, BroadwayWorld
December 2010-April 2011 (Remote)
- Researched and wrote original stories for world’s most popular theatre site.
- Formatted photos and digital content.
Marketing Intern, Academic Solutions
October 2010-December 2010 (London, UK)
- Restructured social media presence including Facebook page and blog.
- Helped design promotional items and materials to be distributed at conferences and events.
- Researched and developed relationships with international partners in order to increase brand awareness.
Community Manager, Say Yes to Education
January 2011-May 2011 (Syracuse, NY)
- Built and managed social media presence for national non-profit focused on development of inner city education.
Volunteer Sixth Grade Teacher, Christian David Primary
May 2010-June 2010 (Muizenberg, South Africa)
- Taught a class of forty sixth-grade students with a focus on English reading and writing skills.